Frequently asked questions

We are not lawyers, but we are frequently asked questions about wills and estates.

Here is a list of some of the more commonly asked questions. Please keep in mind that Wills Estate is not a law firm and doesn’t offer legal advice. Legal advice should be sought from a law firm.

What is an estate?

An estate is effectivelt the net worth of an idavidual. It comprises of everything they own including money in the bank, liabilities and assets.

Who can make a will?

If you are reading this and are over the age of 18 years old, it's a great start and there is a good chance you will be able to make a will. There are a number of other factors and considerations that need to be accounted for such as being of mentally sound. If you are at all concerned if you don't fit the criteria to make a will, Will recommends that you seek legal advice from a law firm and consult with a lawyer.

Can wills be signed online?

Most states around Australia currently do not allow for electronically signed wills. Unfortunately, we still have to print it off and sign it the old fashioned way. If you don't have a printer, just let Will know, he can print your will and send it to you in the post. 

Who can contest a will?

Anyone can contest a will. Wills are most commonly contested by family, friends, partners and loved ones. 

Are funerals included in a will?

100% you can include funerals in wills. You subtract the cost of your funeral from the estate. Leave final words and details as to how you would like the funeral service. Include pictures and music that you would like featured at the funeral service. 

Can I donate my organs?

Organ donation is becoming a popular inclusion in wills. You can include what you would like to happen with your health organs in your will.